AMA Iowa is proud to be a nationally recognized chapter, most recently, for the 2017-2018 board year.
AMA Iowa leads North America as Gold chapter
The Chapter Excellence Awards (CEA) program was established in 1974 to recognize and reward AMA professional chapters’ outstanding achievements in leadership, membership and programming. Each year, the American Marketing Association accepts applications for its Chapter of the Year awards from over 70 chapters throughout the U.S. and Canada.
AMA Iowa was named the 2017-2018 Chapter of Excellence Gold Chapter of the Year. AMA Iowa also remains a member of the Platinum Club of Continuing Excellence after earning Chapter of Excellence Awards recognition for more than five years in a row.
“Our Board of Directors, which is comprised of volunteers, worked so hard last year creating data-driven value for Iowa marketers,” said AMA Iowa past-president Christy Gooding. “It’s a thrill to be named the Gold winner and share this honor with our members and sponsors; it speaks to the work we do month over month, year after year.”
AMA Iowa will be recognized at the spring 2019 American Marketing Association’s annual Leadership Conference in Chicago.
Cumulative Chapter Excellence Awards
- 2017-2018 GOLD CHAPTER OF THE YEAR and PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2016-2017 BRONZE CHAPTER OF THE YEAR and PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2015-2016 SILVER CHAPTER OF THE YEAR and PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2014-2015 BRONZE CHAPTER OF THE YEAR, PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2013-2014 LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE, MEMBERSHIP EXCELLENCE, PROGRAMMING SPECIAL MERIT
- 2012-2013 CHAPTER OF THE YEAR
- 2011-2012 CHAPTER OF THE YEAR RUNNER UP
- 2010-2011 SPECIAL MENTIONS IN MEMBERSHIP AND PROGRAMMING
Des Moines Business Record's 2nd Most Influential Board in 2016
The Iowa chapter of the American Marketing Association was awarded the honor of the 4th Most Influential Board in 2016 by the Des Moines Business Record.