AMA Iowa is proud to be a nationally recognized chapter, most recently, for the 2018-2019 board year.
AMA Iowa leads North America as Gold chapter
The Chapter Excellence Awards (CEA) program was established in 1974 to recognize and reward AMA professional chapters’ outstanding achievements in leadership, membership and programming. Each year, the American Marketing Association accepts applications for its Chapter of the Year awards from over 70 chapters throughout the U.S. and Canada.
AMA Iowa was named the 2018-2019 Chapter of Excellence Gold Chapter of the Year, receiving the honor for the second year in a row. Chapter of the Year is a distinction shared by only 27 other AMA chapters in the 46-year history of the Chapter Excellence Awards Program.
AMA Iowa also remains a member of the Platinum Club of Continuing Excellence after earning Chapter of Excellence Awards recognition for more than five years in a row. 2018-2019 marks the ninth year AMA Iowa has been recognized.
“Our Board of Directors, which is 100-percent comprised of volunteers, worked so hard last year to deliver member value through a focus on community. Our goal was to increase the value of AMA Iowa membership by inspiring and fostering a community of marketers and industry leaders," said AMA Iowa past president Cassandra Pudenz. "This honor is a testament to the work and dedication of our members, volunteers, sponsors and Board."
AMA Iowa will be recognized at the spring 2020 American Marketing Association’s annual Leadership Conference in Chicago.
Cumulative Chapter Excellence Awards
- 2018-2019 GOLD CHAPTER OF THE YEAR and PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2017-2018 GOLD CHAPTER OF THE YEAR and PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2016-2017 BRONZE CHAPTER OF THE YEAR and PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2015-2016 SILVER CHAPTER OF THE YEAR and PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2014-2015 BRONZE CHAPTER OF THE YEAR, PLATINUM CLUB OF CONTINUING EXCELLENCE
- 2013-2014 LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE, MEMBERSHIP EXCELLENCE, PROGRAMMING SPECIAL MERIT
- 2012-2013 CHAPTER OF THE YEAR
- 2011-2012 CHAPTER OF THE YEAR RUNNER UP
- 2010-2011 SPECIAL MENTIONS IN MEMBERSHIP AND PROGRAMMING
Des Moines Business Record's 2nd Most Influential Board in 2016
The Iowa chapter of the American Marketing Association was awarded the honor of the 4th Most Influential Board in 2016 by the Des Moines Business Record.