AMA Iowa Announces 2015-2016 Board of Directors
New Board Will Focus on Cultivating Marketing Leaders
DES MOINES, IOWA (July 31, 2015) — The Iowa chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA Iowa) has announced a new board of directors for the 2015-2016 program year. Named the second most influential board by the Des Moines Business Record in 2015, AMA Iowa has also been recognized by AMA international headquarters for leadership and membership excellence.
AMA Iowa has more than 400 members statewide that represent Iowa’s leading companies. For the 2015-2016 program year, the new board of directors plans to focus on continuing to provide meaningful experiences and benefits to members.
“Our membership has grown nearly 60 percent in the last five years, and this year we want to help our marketers learn, link and lead,” says Kendra Kelly, AMA Iowa president. “Not only do we want to give them the tools to develop their leadership skills, but we also want to challenge all our members to become leaders — within the organization, at their places of employment and in their communities.”
Kelly, director of marketing at ARAG, a leader in legal insurance, has been a member of AMA Iowa since 1997 and believes it has played a crucial role in her career. “The networking and professional development opportunities that AMA Iowa provides have helped me develop some of my most valuable professional relationships.” She encourages all Iowa marketers interested in learning more about these opportunities to reach out to Director of Volunteers Jenna Mushro at email@example.com.
The 2015-2016 AMA Iowa board of directors includes the following members:
- Kendra Kelly, President
- Angela Ten Clay, Immediate Past President
- Joey Taylor-Moon, President-Elect
- Christy Gooding, Secretary
- Carl Duffy, Vice President of Treasury
- Sarah Whittlesey, Director of Treasury
- Morgan Hammes, Director of Treasury
- Olivia Rockers, Vice President of Membership
- Stacy Rose, Assistant Vice President of Membership, Acquisition
- Steve Gilbert, Director of Membership, Retention
- Tom Florian, Director of Collegiate Membership and Relations
- Jenna Mushro, Director of Volunteers
- Sarah Barthole, Co-Vice President of Programs
- Sara Harpenau, Co-Vice President of Programs
- Ellen Held, Director of Programs
- Heather Saxton, Director of Programs
- Mary Honeyman, Vice President of Sponsorship
- John McClellan, Director of Sponsorships
- Cassandra Pudenz, Vice President of Communications
- Hailey Miller, Director of Communications
- Scott Lewellen, Director of Communications
- Elizabeth Schlievert, Director of Communications
- Emily Toribio, Director of Communications
- Sarah James, Vice President of Compliance
About AMA Iowa
The Iowa chapter of the American Marketing Association — one of the largest professional associations for marketers — has more than 400 members statewide. Members are marketing researchers and strategists employed by a wide variety of Iowa businesses, agencies, nonprofit organizations and educational institutions. The association hosts monthly programming, the annual NOVA Awards program, and a multitude of networking and leadership opportunities, including its annual AMA Iowa Experience event. For more information, visit amaiowa.com, iowAMArketers.com, or follow on Twitter at twitter.com/amaiowa, on Instagram at instagram.com/amaiowa or on Facebook at facebook.com/amaiowa.