Company: Business Publications
Business Publications is adding to our advertising team. We are looking for two goal-oriented self-starters who have strong marketing, communication and relationship-building skills. Those filling the positions will be charged with skillfully representing our products by developing strategic advertising campaigns tailored to Des Moines’ most influential audiences. Responsibilities include: prospecting and developing new advertising relationships; listening to and understanding their needs to best help them reach their goals; maintaining and strengthening existing client relationships; and meeting goals, deadlines and quality standards.
- Sell advertising for newspaper, digital and magazine products using outside sales skills, while providing exceptional customer service to external customers to support the sales and marketing goals of the company.
- Meet or exceed individual and company sales goals.
- Exhibit strong teamwork attitude to meet or exceed the overall division team goal.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal departments: ensure advertising materials meet established deadlines, credit policies are enforced and ideas are shared with appropriate departments.
- Demonstrate time management skills.
- Attend networking events as appropriate.
- Prospect and Develop new business relationships.
- Prepare and present proposals.
- Manage clients and territory effectively, including contracts, necessary documents, and CRM updates, collections, etc.
- Manage deadlines.
- Attend training and educational sessions as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Computer knowledge of PC system, including proficient use of basic Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Microsoft Outlook skills necessary. Must be a self-managed professional with exemplary organizational and time management skills. Basic math skills are necessary. Ability to meet deadlines necessary. Strong phone skills and attention to customer service is a must.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume via the Business Record hiring portal at www.businessrecord.com/hiring. Ashley Bohnenkamp will be the main point of contact for dsm Magazine. Sara Brown will be the main point of contact for the Business Record. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.