Company: Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health - North America
Kemin is seeking a talented and dedicated Marketing Director responsible for providing leadership in developing and implementing strategic marketing and business strategies for the Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health North America (KANA) division. This position will lead the marketing function within the division to create initiatives to strengthen the Kemin brand and competitive advantages. This position will be responsible for leading the marketing areas of product management, marketing communications, digital marketing, project management, and commercial event coordination. This position will be located in Des Moines, IA at the Kemin Industries worldwide corporate headquarters and will include approximately 20% travel.
We Are Kemin.
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us. We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century. Committed to feed and food safety, Kemin maintains top-of-the-line manufacturing facilities where over 500 specialty ingredients are made for humans and animals in the global feed and food industries, as well as the health, nutrition, beauty and textile markets. We provide product solutions and options to customers in more than 120 countries.
A privately held, family-owned and operated company, Kemin has more than 2,300 global employees and operates in 90 countries including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop and implement an effective marketing strategy, strengthening Kemin's brand leadership within the animal health and nutrition market in North America.
- Determine target market segments and the value proposition and positioning in chosen segments.
- Strengthen data and information management (market, customers, and competitor intelligence), providing continuous and timely analysis of industry and customer trends, and competitive activities to facilitate effective decision making.
- Provide strategic direction for new product development through active participation in the product innovation process (PIP).
- Use market knowledge to identify new product needs and to present these requirements to sales and R&D to stimulate and initiate new product development activities.
- Work closely with the commercial team, enabling them to meet their objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, collateral, market data, and lead generation.
- Develop and manage the annual marketing budget.
- Motivate and develop staff within the Marketing Department through regular career development, interaction, and involvement.
- Responsible for multiple Product Managers who will oversee the product life cycle and support the commercialization of products.
- Manage the marketing team to have a successful implementation of the marketing strategy and have the responsibility to define and achieve marketing objectives.
- Manage the marketing team to successfully prepare and execute digital advertising strategies, media campaigns, social media activity, trade shows, customer events and exhibitions.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with worldwide marketing counterparts.
- Regular presentation of key marketing activities to the Leadership - Team with recommendations for new marketing initiatives.
- Support R&D in identification and prioritization of research projects and support regulatory affairs to prioritize new product registrations.
What We Require of You
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an MBA or equivalent business-related degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of strategic marketing management experience preferably in agribusiness or related industries.
- Previous people management experience required, including managing Product Manager positions.
- Previous experience in a B2B environment preferred.
- A proven track record of achieving strategic goals and delivering budgets. Capable of providing leadership, setting priorities, delegating responsibilities, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively in a diverse team and matrix organization.
- Professional track record of successfully taking products to market.
- Demonstrated abilities to do primary research and reduce large data sets to important strategic actions.
- The ability to create and execute strategic marketing collateral that communicates Kemin's value statement in the market.
- Excellent presentation skills suitable for customer, leadership, and Board presentations.
- Strong financial acumen is required. Practice the principals of Servant Leadership and the Ideal Team Player.
What's In It For You
- A competitive financial package- in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity, 401k match program, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Robust health and wellness support- we are proud to offer a fitness reimbursement (for your whole family!), an on-site fitness center, restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free fresh fruit in break areas- to name a few.
- Continued learning opportunities- Kemin offers tuition reimbursement and recently launched a new corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your entire career.
- The chance to give back to our world- Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities, including paid time off to do so. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with both The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators- Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor's Stem Advisory Council where we fund annual teacher's awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program, and frequently host student tours.
How to Apply
KEMIN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Submit application here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1007322137/