Company: Capture Marketing
Capture Marketing (CM) is a full-service marketing agency and professional association management company. Our clients depend on us to provide a wide array of services including association management, communications, social media and event management. We are located in the East Village of Des Moines, Iowa and strive to keep our culture fun, innovative, and fast-paced.
Rules We Live By In Our Company:
- Coffee is the lifeblood of creativity and a can-do attitude.
- A great idea isn’t if you can’t execute it.
- Don’t just check off the box – go outside it.
- Set proper expectations and then always deliver.
- Carpe the heck out of Diem.
- You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
The selected candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks that involve account coordination with client on association management services, event management and marketing/communication coordination. This position is currently classified as a non-exempt full-time position and is eligible for benefits.
A strong emphasis will be on implementing multi-tasking multiple client projects for association management services and event management.
- Assist in developing content for communications and sending out through e-communication platform.
- Ability to look at a project campaign and carry out overall theme in e-communications, event promotion and digital formats.
- Have a good understanding of how to use different communication channels based on client goals and demographics.
- Develop and implement social media calendars and content for multiple clients and launch on different digital channels.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Organize registration of event participants.
- Utilize event management software, CVENT, to build event registrations for client events.
- Facilitate, travel and staff event at onsite location.
- Assist in promoting client events, causes and topics through social media, e-communication and website campaigns.
- Expectation to obtain CVENT Certification within 18 months of starting position.
- Meet with client on updates to events, attend board meetings or meet with client members concerning association business.
- Work with membership database to pull distribution lists, add or modify member information or direct questions to association chief executive or board member.
- Assist board of directors or members with questions concerning the association.
- Maintain and file client records on server in appropriate folders and follow document retention procedures.
- Assist board with adhering to predetermined budget and communicating with chief association executive or board chair if over budget on items.
- Candidate will be trained and knowledgeable about history of association, renewal procedures and member segments and how that fits into the overall marketing and communication strategy.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to complete their Qualified Association Specialist (QAS) training and designation that focuses on association law, procedures, financial terms and communications for associations.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a talent for customer service.
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to logically think through a series of processes and know how to prioritize them based on immediate needs. We service multiple clients and must be able to work on different projects at the same time.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to help proof collateral materials.
- Applicant will be working and trained to manage database systems, member management systems, and digital website content management systems.
- Individuals who have experience using event management systems such as CVENT is preferred but not required.
- Recent graduate level individuals may apply, however 2-3 years’ experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor Degree in the area of communication, marketing, public relations, business administration, management, events or association management experience are preferred.
- Transportation to and from work and events is required.
- Travel will be required both in-state and out-of-state around 30% of the time.
How to Apply
Outrageously excited and energetic candidates may apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and work sample online to the below address:
Cover letters are too common. Show us your creative side. Since we primarily work with nonprofits write your cover letter on a nonprofit you are familiar with and tell us one thing you would do to market them better.
Any applicant who does not submit a cover letter and resume will not be considered for future employment.