Company: Business Publications Corporation
Looking for a responsible, organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and professional project director. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with initiative and an understanding of project management, publishing, and market research. A general understanding of photoshop, InDesign and iMovie is a plus. This role will support the vision of WriteBrain and dsm divisions of Business Publications Corporation and report to the Publisher.
- Projects include (but not limited to): custom publications, books, custom content, events and social media campaigns
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Understand client’s business, goals, deliverables and strategies
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders o Perform risk management to minimize project risks o Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other publishers and directors
- Competency for terms and definitions with print and digital specs for quality
- Manage the creative implementation of marketing strategies and communications in coordination with the Publishers and Directors.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Scheduling photo shoots, video shoots and events
- Manage digital analytics and social media for internal divisions and clients
- Assistance in audience development marketing efforts
- Assistance in event planning and staffing
- Coordinate marketing campaigns for company hosted events
- Assistance in preparing sales presentations
- Media Guide fulfillment o Assistance in market research
- Sales material development
- Social media and digital platform promotion
- Digital data tracking and analysis o Digital advertising inventory management
- Perform other related duties as assigned
3-5 years of experience required. High School diploma required, college degree in communications, business, marketing or journalism preferred.
How to Apply
Business Publications Corp. is a locally-owned company in the heart of Downtown Des Moines which offers an innovative, fast-paced culture. BPC offers flexible hours, free onsite parking and generous PTO. Benefits include healthcare, dental, life insurance and 401(K). Send your letter of interest, resume and references to Ashley Bohnenkamp, firstname.lastname@example.org, BPC, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, IA 50309.