Company: Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC)
Coordinate and execute the College’s digital advertising and social media programs (includes video) and support the college’s web administrator with design, content, technology, and management of DMACC website.
Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC), a public institution serving the educational and career training needs of Iowans, is committed to the lifelong success of its students. Situated in one of America’s most vibrant regions, DMACC offers 220 programs, certificates and transfer degrees, annually serving more than 70,000 credit and noncredit students on six campuses and six learning centers. Thanks to college-wide innovation, new programs and affordable tuition, DMACC continues to experience solid growth.
(25%) 1. Coordinate and execute DMACC’s social media program to develop and grow online conversations and relationships with prospective and current students. This includes engaging audiences and creating content on current platforms/applications/programs. Monitor DMACC references on social media with appropriate software and create weekly reports summarizing the information.
(30%) 2. Coordinate and execute DMACC’s digital advertising program using current platforms. Develop creative projects, run results reports, and modify ads to maximize results. Work the college clients to offer advice and assistance with programs and campus digital campaigns.
(25%) 3. Assist with website design and web tickets that include program/campus updates, site programming and other activities to maintain DMACC’s website. Research and identify social media trends in advertising and engagement. Identify opportunities that benefit DMACC.
(15%) 4. Create video content for program/campus websites, YouTube PreRolls, college television programming and other programming opportunities as needed.
(5%) 5. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, web/ graphic design or related field (Associate’s degree in marketing, web/graphic design or related field and two additional years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree).
- Two years of experience with an advertising agency or commercial/institutional marketing program.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web authoring software, HTML, relational databases, Java, and design software.
- Experience managing both a digital advertising and social media engagement program.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of current software applications.
- Experience programming forms and implement scripts.
- Experience working with Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Demonstrated proficiency in internet advertising, graphic design, or writing/editorial skills for electronic media.
How to Apply
Apply online at the DMACC website: https://jobs.dmacc.edu/postings/3937
Questions? Contact DMACC Marketing and Public Relations Director Todd Jones at 515-964-6242 or email@example.com.