Company: OBI Creative
This is a client-facing opportunity at a growing marketing and strategy company. The Director of Research and Consumer Insights is responsible for all aspects of the research and strategy process and execution for OBI. The goal of this department is to craft and execute research methodologies to uncover and inform market research findings to inform business strategies that could include brand positioning, messaging, customer journey maps, marketing programs and tactics and internal and external communications. OBI desires a senior marketing leader who can leverage and translate consumer insights to build brand strategies and successful marketing campaigns for our clients. OBI desires a candidate with significant experience championing the voice of the customer across various industries and leveraging insights to develop new brand positioning, omnichannel marketing, and brand strategy. This role requires a hardworking, ambitious team player who loves the independence and creativity of a face-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing research strategies and methodologies appropriate to help clients accomplish goals and objectives
- Direct all qualitative and quantitative research activities, completing and/or delegating to team or vendors as necessary
- Use data and analytics to drive actions resulting in business growth
- Leverage and translate consumer data and insights to build a brand and consumer-driven marketing and business strategy
- Fully document and educate the client and the internal account team on strategic insights and taking insights to make actionable recommendations for clients across all industries
- Develop and educate clients and organizations on brand strategy - from brand positioning to alignment of the brand across all omni/multi- channel creative strategy
- Build and leverage consumer segmentation to develop customer journey’s based on marketing and business strategies.
- Utilize journey to improve customer experience across all stages of the customer journey
- Develop business/marketing strategies for new and existing clients. The deliverables will be determined per project but may consist of messaging, positioning, tactical marketing, media, creative/digital recommendations, and associated budgets
- Strong client relationship skills, with the ability to strategize, negotiate and close business within existing and new clients
- Ability to get client needs met while ensuring quality and OBI efficiency goals regarding hours, budgets and profits are also met
- Ability to develop and deliver effective and compelling presentations
- Identify new opportunities within existing or new clients and make strategic recommendations that influence/sell the client on the strategic recommendations and tactics
- Perform client service functions on identified clients as necessary or required
- Direct and delegate work to other team members as necessary in an effort to execute client plans, collaborate and succeed in accomplishing and delivering the work at hand
- Prioritizes workload to ensure that all essential functions of the job are met based on the needs of the client projects and/or deadlines.
- Willingly takes on additional duties and works as long as necessary during times of peak workload
- As a member of the OBI Management team, work collaboratively with clients, co-workers and OBI Exec team
- Desires to raise the bar when delivering work on behalf of OBI
- Semi-frequent business travel to client and OBI engagements, as necessary
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years experience in research, strategy and/or marketing capacity
- 10+ years managing clients successfully
- Responsible self-starter who can both lead a team and be a good team member
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong computer and MS Office skills required (Excel, PPT, word, google apps for work) and comfort in learning other OBI-relevant tools/apps
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.