Company: Simpson College
Simpson College, a liberal arts college located in Indianola, Iowa just South of Iowa’s State Capitol of Des Moines, seeks a highly-motivated and passionate individual to fill the position of Art Director. The scope of the job includes collaboratively working with the marketing team from creative concept through design implementation.
This full-time, 12-month position will report to the Executive Director of Marketing and Public Relations. The position will have responsibility for: coordinating and creating consistent marketing, digital and website design; upholding a creative aspect of the brand and assist in evolving the brand based on data, insight or trends; conducting design effectiveness research; and managing multiple internal client projects. It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities and individuals who are bilingual (Spanish) to apply. The entire Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at: https://simpson.edu/about-simpson-college/human-resources-office#jobs
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Meeting and collaboratively working with internal clients to ensure sound design strategy, adherence to brand and to meet project-specific client goals.
- Taking, coordinating and monitoring self-contributed, and organizing photos for use on in various marketing channels such as print, digital advertising, website, social media and signage. Art direction of professional photographer photoshoots on campus.
- Managing project flow and deadlines within an online project management system.
- Educating internal clients on best design practices.
- Assuring all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Maintaining a consistent working relationship with print vendors who provide quality products at competitive prices.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in art (graphic design) or equivalent and have five to seven years of job experience in the capacity of art director or senior graphic designer. Experience in a non-profit or college setting is preferred, but not required. Candidates must be well-organized and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to redirect client requests to align with sound marketing and/or design strategy. Demonstrated collaborative skills, experience in creative problem solving and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and outside constituents is required. Candidates must possess knowledge of printing and be advanced in use of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. The ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of production at any given time requires exceptional organizational skills. Must be deadline driven and possess the ability to travel off campus for conferences and photoshoots.
How to Apply
To apply please send cover letter, resume, name and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com