Company: Goodwill of Central Iowa
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to be responsible for driving strategic oversight and implementation of marketing and communications strategy including public relations, media relations, advertising, content marketing, digital initiatives, brand experience, creative development, corporate and donor relations, community relations and internal communications.
This position will serve as a champion for Goodwill’s brand, its operating culture and core values, and steward the company culture with effective internal communications support.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the Marketing and Development business unit by overseeing core functions.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each department regarding key marketing issues.
- Oversee organizational identity and voice, branding, public speaking and presentations, media relations and news releases, website, social media, digital communications, newsletters, blogs, videos, print and marketing collateral, and advertising.
- Act as company spokesperson when CEO is unavailable.
- Participate in innovation strategies to drive the organization forward, including implementing and reviewing customer research and feedback, as well as oversight into the Styled by Goodwill sub-brand development.
- Serve as a champion for Goodwill’s operating culture and core values.
- Provide leadership and support on internal communications.
- Steward the company culture by recognizing and celebrating organizational success through events and multiple mediums.
- Position the Board, CEO and Leadership Team to serve as brand ambassadors in Goodwill of Central Iowa’s 22-county region.
- Manage strategies for engagement of companies in opportunities to support Goodwill’s community goals. Includes designing, implementing and evaluating innovative individual and corporate engagement services and experiences for year-round strategic engagement, including those related to brand raising, fundraising, ad hoc corporate engagement projects, and seasonal events and initiatives.
- Manage and lead special events within the organization including strategy for external fund-/brand-raising annual event.
- Provide leadership for the implementation of episodic group volunteer experiences that support community goals and the goals of corporate partners.
- Operate as a trusted advisor to CEO and serve on the organization’s leadership team.
- A minimum of eight to ten years’ experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations, with some senior level experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities. Possess a high level of creativity, imagination and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with a Board of Directors and senior leaders.
- Customer-focused marketing acumen and the ability to create strategic and actionable marketing strategies that are tailored to the appropriate audience.
- Must possess superior communication skills and strong interpersonal skills in addition to public speaking and presentation experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Self-driven personality and the ability to work independently with limited day-to-day guidance.
- Proficient in Outlook, Skype, Microsoft Office, social media platforms. Basic knowledge of Wordpress required.
- Experience using Adobe Suite products preferred.
- High-energy, passionate personality with a proven ability to foster positive, collaborative environments.
How to Apply
Apply for this position online by visiting https://www.dmgoodwill.org/work-here/job-openings/