Company: Earl May Seed & Nursery, LC
Earl May is looking for a creative individual in the Des Moines area who can help bring our company brand to life across key online marketing platforms. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for helping us create and maintain a cohesive brand voice and look across our social media platforms, in email campaigns, and on other web and e-commerce efforts in collaboration with the director of marketing and Earl May’s buying team. This person must be a strong collaborator, think creatively with strong writing skills and learn quickly. Must be a “doer” and an executor, with creative photography and some light video editing experience. Candidates seeking part-time, full-time and freelance work will all be considered.
- Work with the director of marketing to create and execute a monthly digital content calendar, with variances in workload and demands based on season.
- Write, create and execute all content (creative copywriting, copy editing, photography and video) in support of social media strategy.
- Create content for email marketing campaigns in support of product features, events, sales and in-store and/or e-commerce promotions.
- Support the marketing team on other various communications initiatives.
- Ensure there's a consistent voice across all media that engages our audience and aligns to our brand.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Superb written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to develop digital content to activate audiences.
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and tools.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced and at times ambiguous environment.
- Willing to travel within Earl May’s four-state footprint for content.
- Working Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Video editing experience a plus.
- Personal interest in lawn and landscape category a bonus.
How to Apply
To apply, please click here. In addition to submitting an application and resume, please provide a sample of recent and relevant work demonstrating your creative copywriting and photography capabilities for social media.