Company: ARAG Legal
Do you have strong writing skills? Do you have a knack for creating compelling copy to create a lasting impression with prospective clients? Are you service-minded and detail oriented?
ARAG is hiring a proposal manager! This person will oversee the strategic direction, content production and review of new business proposals. The ability to collaborate with the sales team and work with very little supervision is required.
Oversees the strategic direction, content production and review of new business proposals that casts ARAG in the most favorable, distinctive and competitive light in the eyes of our prospects, clients and producers. Creates compelling copy using appropriate corporate tone and voice to create a lasting impression with prospective employers, associations, exchanges and existing clients.
- Manages the ongoing catalogue and writes content for a database of timely RFP responses to be used in the creation of RFPs, RFIs and Renewals for prospective clients or renewal opportunities. Partners with stakeholders to gather and annually review stored information and creates informative, yet succinct, responses that allow customization based on the client’s benefits needs and appropriate positioning of ARAG and our products. Describes ARAG as the distinctive best solution.
- Consults and collaborates with Sales Directors to understand the strategy they and/or the requesting brokers set forth for each proposal, provides guidance and recommendations in response to the strategy; and oversees and coordinates the completion and fulfillment of RFP responses as a result of that collaboration.
- Serves as a steward of the brand and champion for the company, working closely with other stakeholders (Product, Underwriting, Marketing, etc.) to ensure appropriate messaging is in line with corporate marketing, branding standards, pricing guidelines and appropriate product offering. Edits final response to ensure correct spelling and uniform use of paragraph and font styles.
- Manages RFPs and RFIs, including renewals, for Sales and Client Management and upgrades quotes for new business opportunities. This may also include running GeoAccess attorney accessibility reports for proposals and other departments as needed.
- Collects and positions ARAG’s answers against the backdrop of competitive intelligence and works collaboratively with other functional areas including but not limited to Finance and Client Management to assure rates/plan designs/references are aligned on strategy to support the “right to win” bid.
- Informs Sales Support and/or Sales/Client Management of newly stored or revised answers and usage reminders. Also, acts as primary contact for the proposal tool (RFP365) to report any issues with the tool and to assist with renewals.
- Monitors and tracks proposal results to refine responses and improve processes to ensure we are providing the most timely, accurate and effective responses. Follows-up with Sales team on outstanding, aging proposals that show no activities in Salesforce.
- Serves as a backup to the Sales Support Specialist as needed.
- Assists with other Sales communications – letters, emails, presentations, etc. – as needed.
- Serves as a positive role model by representing the ARAG Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid understanding of insurance operations / products / concepts in order to accurately promote ARAG's products and services.
- Knowledge of the general sales funnel/close process, along with client/broker relationships a plus.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, proposal writing experience strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects to completion.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with potential clients, brokers and internal teams.
- Positive, enthusiastic and cooperative approach to all team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong computer skills needed including knowledge in MS Office, Salesforce.com (or similar CRM tool), as well as the use of a proposal tool/technology (RFP365, Qvidian, Tinderbox, etc.).
- Four year degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or related field; or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in benefit services or sales. Proposal writing experience strongly preferred.
- Position includes limited travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Please submit resumes online at https://www.araglegal.com/
Hard copy resumes will not be considered for employment. Local candidates only please.