Granular is looking for an experienced and passionate Public Relations and Communications Specialist to join our Marketing team. This person will turn trends in technology and customer experience into compelling industry and general interest stories. This seasoned Communicator will coordinate and conduct Granular’s corporate and brand communications activities, and develop and lead public relations campaigns related to corporate announcements, original material and research, and industry partnerships and initiatives.
- Build and own Granular’s relationships with journalists(local, regional, national, tech, business and trade media): driving strategy, fielding inquiries, pitching stories and so forth.
- Handle PR for new and ongoing business partnerships, coordinating with business development, product marketing and partner contacts and devising communications strategy
- Write and edit statements, press releases, talking points, fact sheets, contributed stories, presentations and other PR & Communications’ materials
- Lead PR for product launches, shaping newsworthy content and growing it into a trusted media resources, with tangible results
- Develop media-driven thought leadership bylines and campaigns
- Develop and manage communications calendar
- Collaborate with content marketing to turn original content and research into newsworthy PR campaigns and contributions
- Help craft and handle a thought leadership platform, across media, speaking and contributed content, which solidifies Granular’s role in agriculture as the Farm Management Software leader
- Prepare and train company executives and spokespeople for media interviews and speaking engagements, and offer constructive feedback
- Track technology and customer service trends to inform Granular’s communication strategy
- Maintain media lists, coverage tracking and reporting, and industry trends
- Work cross-functionally with content, product, data science, sales and customer success to raise Granular’s profile
Self starter: Granular is a company of people passionate about agriculture, and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure. Track record of flawlessly executing on corporate communications, thought leadership campaigns and partner PR programs Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a knack for turning internal content into eye-catching pitches and contributed articles. A precise grammarian and expert at AP style. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories--about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for farmers, the environment and the ag industry. Outstanding interpersonal, project management and prioritization skills A collaborative, open attitude and a history of working in and leading cross-functional teams. We’re looking for someone who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally 5+ years experience in communications, PR or journalism -- either for a company or an agency -- as well as experience working firsthand with executives. An eye for simplifying complex topics and technologies to their essence Excellent understanding of the media industry and extensive network of relationships with media and influencers. Deep interest in day-to-day news and long-term trends which impact farmers, the ag industry and consumers alike. Experience working with PR monitoring tools, including social media data and analytics. Experience in corporate, product, internal and crisis communications is an advantage; as is experience working in agriculture.
How to Apply
Please apply at: