Company: Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
This key position calls for a person who is collaborative, creative and confident in their approach to developing strategies and achieving results. The successful candidate will be joining a talented team within an inclusive culture and fast-paced organization. Under direction of the Chief External Affairs Officer, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for developing marketing and communications strategies and leading a team in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns and communications programs to increase internal and external engagement and improve the public perception of DART.
- Plan, manage, implement and evaluate a comprehensive marketing and communications program that:
- increases public awareness of DART,
- enhances DART’s image,
- improves the customer experience with timely and helpful communications,
- drives ridership on DART services,
- increases revenue, and
- supports overall employee engagement.
- Marketing and communications efforts may include but are not limited to advertising, promotional events, electronic and print communication tools, market research and public outreach.
- Manage the organization’s brand to foster a positive public perception.
- Work across all levels of the organization to identify, prioritize and implement marketing and communications programs that support strategic priorities.
- Lead, manage and develop marketing and communications team to ensure effective implementation of marketing programs.
- Guide, mentor and inspire marketing team members to retain key staff and increase individual engagement and overall effectiveness of the department.
- Identify, develop and communicate policies, procedures and passion that improve the internal and external effectiveness of the department.
- Analyze and evaluate programs for effectiveness using identified metrics, recommend alternatives after analysis, and oversee implementation of approved enhancements.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for work performed by outside firms, including advertising and marketing, and website design and development.
- Manage DART transit advertising contractors to help maximize revenue generated.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key media contacts and content influencers to maximize earned media opportunities, serving as a primary spokesperson for DART.
- Represent DART at community events and on community committees as needed.
- Manage and direct crisis communications activities.
- Develop and administer the marketing budget, ensuring funds are allocated in the most effective manner to advance DART’s goals and priorities; approve the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; approve expenses and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Represent the marketing and communications department on inter-departmental committees concerned with the development and implementation of new or improved services, programs and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, communications, public relations, business administration, journalism or public administration.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible management experience in corporate or public sector marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- Experience effectively managing and developing one or more direct reports is required.
How to Apply
Visit www.ridedart.com/careers to apply