Company: Iowa Health Care Association
The Iowa Health Care Association, located in West Des Moines, Iowa, has an opening for a Communications Intern.
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Strategic Communications and Media, and working closely with the Digital Marketing Director, the Communication Intern will assist with content development and delivery for a variety of member communication channels – with the goal to increase member engagement and educate members on the association’s education and other service offerings.
The Communications Intern will work on a variety of membership communications to help prepare them for a future career in the communications profession. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Writing, editing and distributing email newsletters for multiple audiences
- Developing and delivering content for the association’s website, using WordPress platform to post content
- Developing and delivering content for the association’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google)
- Tracking and reporting results (data analytics) on various channels
- Sophomore or Junior at an accredited college/university studying English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related discipline
- Ability to work 15 hours a week during the spring and/or fall semesters, with the potential of full-time hours in the summer, at the Iowa Health Care Association office in West Des Moines
- Excellent writing and editing skills required; Knowledge of AP style preferred
- Social and digital media experience or studies (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google); WordPress experience preferred
- Email newsletter and web content management system experience or studies
- Video/photography experience preferred
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and have strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Please email resume to Lori Ristau.