As a product marketer, you will be the person on the marketing team responsible for telling the world (and company) the story of our product. You will be expected to be our chief advocate for our product suite. Additionally, you will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for new launches and feature sets. You will work closely with our development team and external partners to bring the customer’s voice into the development of products and solutions for the market. You understand our customer and can use your knowledge to influence product development, marketing strategy, and tactics used.
- Build and manage impactful and innovative product and solution launch plans that are fully synced with business and revenue goals and ensure effective and ongoing relevancy in the market to drive demand generation and pipeline
- Define the positioning and go-to-market messaging and strategies for our products within our target channels
- Hands-on ability to create content and work with our internal team (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, and other forums) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world
- Develop and maintain sales enablement materials, including battlecards, cheat sheets, competitive tools, customer references, etc.
- Conduct customer research, find consumer insights, and collaborate with the product development team to ensure the customer's voice is heard
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
- Stay on top of technology trends and competitor developments from a marketing and product point of view
- Localize marketing materials for global solutions, including value propositions, messaging positioning, sales enablement tools, and ensure local execution is consistent with global messaging
- Represent the product team to educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product story, features, and benefits
- Create market comparisons and help with pricing analysis
- Educate our partners about our products and their benefits through newsletters, partner-focused content, social media monitoring, and more
- Lead and create complete solution sets for our target verticals
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field
- 6+ years of post-undergrad work experience, or a combination of graduate school + work experience
- 4+ years in product marketing or management with increasing responsibility
- Proficiency in technology: Office Suite, CRM, Hubspot, Video conferencing platforms (i.e. Zoom or Teams), File sharing programs (i.e. Dropbox, G-suite), Data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Excel, and/or Microsoft BI)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills --- there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role
- MBA or master’s degree in a relevant field
- 8+ years in product marketing or management with increasing responsibility
- Capable of a dual-minded approach: the ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and writer, but also process-driven, detail-oriented, and can interpret data to make decisions
- Experience in software or technology B2B product marketing
- Experience launching new technology products or solutions
- Experience in or an interest in learning about technology such as IoT, PoE, AI, digital twins, smart buildings, etc.
- And entrepreneurial spirit to take initiative to solve problems and develop programs and processes that have not existed before
- Thrive when working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity
- Limited travel, including some international, may be required in the future
How to Apply
Send your resume, a project or writing sample, and an optional cover letter to HR@igor-tech.com with the job title in the subject line.
Preliminary interviews will begin in November 2020 but applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled.