Company: Capture Management Solutions
Capture Management Solutions (CMS) is a full-service association management company and marketing firm. Our clients depend on us to provide a wide array of services that include association management services, board management, member management, event planning, marketing and communications and advocacy work. We are located in the East Village of Des Moines, Iowa and strive to keep our culture fun, innovative, and fast-paced.
Rules We Live By In Our Company:
- Coffee is the lifeblood of creativity and a can-do attitude.
- A great idea isn’t if you can’t execute it.
- Don’t just check off the box – go outside it.
- Set proper expectations and then always deliver.
- Carpe the heck out of Diem.
- You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing at least two different association clients with a variety of events and administrative functions. This position is currently classified as a non-exempt full-time position and is eligible for benefits.
A strong emphasis will be on implementing events, membership campaigns, responding to member questions, e-communications, assisting in running marketing initiatives and helping put board materials together.
This candidate will also get a unique opportunity to learn how to run client associations and advancement to assistant director or an executive director position is possible.
We welcome the chance to meet you and believe this to be a great opportunity for you to learn all aspects of association and event management. More importantly we are passionate about what we do and hope you are as well. The work you do with us directly impacts great causes and helps individual’s professions.
Compensation is based on experience. This position is eligible for benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, 401k retirement, paid-time off, extended paid-time off and paid parking.
- Assist in developing content for communications and sending out through e-communication platform.
- Ability to look at a project campaign and carry out overall theme in e-communications, event promotion and digital formats.
- Use Cvent event registration platform or another association management system to look up members and record transactions.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, and printing.
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to association client requirements.
- Organize registration of event participants.
- Ability to learn about association resources and answer member questions through phone or email.
- Ability to organize reports and put together board packets and send electronically.
- Ability to send out member packets and information and enter new members in designated systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a talent for customer service.
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to logically think through a series of processes and know how to prioritize them based on immediate needs. We service multiple clients and must be able to work on different projects at the same time.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to help proof marketing materials.
- Knowledge of running events is preferred.
- Knowledge of association management systems or Cvent is not required, but preferred.
- Entry level individuals may apply; however, 2-3 years’ experience is preferred.
- An associate degree or bachelor’s degree in the area of communication, public relations, marketing or events are preferred.
- Transportation to and from work and events is required.
How to Apply
Outrageously excited and energetic candidates may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to the following address.
Send us a cover letter and resume to the above website address.
Any applicant who does not submit a cover letter and resume will not be considered for future employment.