Company: SPPG + Essman Research
At SPPG, we make things happen. It’s what we do. We are an issue-based consulting company that provides organizational support, public affairs, and advocacy services. We support organizations and promote public policy, serving the interests and well-being of the people, and are committed to providing data-driven results and solutions for our clients. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter with passion and experience working in the policy arena. This is the ideal role for someone who has 3+ years of work experience. Our team is seeking individuals with a passion and expertise in any of the following areas: Community and Economic Development, Workforce Development, and Education. Preference will be given to those who have expertise in stakeholder convening, community partnerships, advocacy and network or association administration.
GENERAL DUTIES: Client Services Team member in delivering high-quality services to clients on a timely basis in a manner consistent with SPPG's culture and philosophy. May serve on a number of teams in a variety of capacities.
- Deliver services and develop products called for under the assigned contracts.
- Implement activities as determined by the team lead.
- Communicate frequently with team lead and other team members on a formal and informal basis regarding progress, ideas, issues, and developments impacting the contract and services.
- Serve as an active participant and provide meaningful input in team meetings.
- Communicate in a timely and effective way with clients, including presentations to groups of all sizes.
- Recruit stakeholders and participants for small group discussions, focus groups, and other meetings as required.
- Facilitate external committee meetings, create agendas, and take minutes.
- Organize and execute events ranging from small meetings to large conferences.
- Update client and stakeholders on policy and advocacy updates, as necessary.
- Administrative Tasks May Include:
- Manage team administrative responsibilities, including scheduling and communications.
- Detailed proofreading and review of project documents and deliverables.
- Development and management of social media content. Programs and Services Development
- Work with the SPPG team in expanding SPPG's network of contacts and opportunities.
- Assist in proposal development.
- Participate in community and statewide activities to raise the profile of SPPG.
- Monitor and maintain awareness of policy and political environment and activity throughout the year.
This is the ideal role for someone who has 3+ years of work experience. Our team is seeking individuals with a passion and expertise in any of the following areas: Community and Economic Development, Workforce Development, and Education. Preference will be given to those who have expertise in stakeholder convening, community partnerships, advocacy and network or association administration. Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, marketing, communications, public administration, or related field preferred. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of some education.
How to Apply
Cover letter and resume to be emailed by September 1 to Kasi Krehbiel at firstname.lastname@example.org