Company: The Iowa Clinic
This position is responsible for supporting day-to-day execution of events, community relations and communications efforts with strategic direction from the Marketing and Communications Director and Chief Marketing Officer. This associate will be involved in and work to support strategic planning, content development, social media, events, proactive and reactive media relations activities, evaluation/measurement efforts, messaging/presentation development, and other PR-related efforts.
- Assist the marketing and communications director in the development of the annual and long-range strategy and plan for supporting media and public relations initiatives
- Write, edit and proofread communication materials such as news releases, media pitches, article summaries, messaging, award nominations and directory submissions
- Work across assigned markets to identify earned media opportunities with national healthcare publications and proactively pitch local media outlets
- Maintain and refine media lists and related editorial calendars, as appropriate, to ensure all are updated and current
- Manage earned media tracking measurement and reporting, offering the marketing team valuable insights to drive improvement
Events & Sponsorships
- Maintain and grow community relationships, partnerships and sponsorships to increase visibility within the communities in which we serve. This includes identifying opportunities (earned/paid) and communicating those with rationale to the marketing and communications director, building and cultivating long-lasting relationships with community members and leaders and keeping a general pulse on the community
- Assist in the management of the sports physicals program through The Iowa Clinic Healthcare Foundation. This includes facilitating timing and logistics with school administrators and serving as the main point of contact, organizing volunteers and supplies, developing a standard process for physicals, being onsite for management (set up and take down) and ensuring good relationships with local schools. This also includes management of the school snack program and coordinating volunteers for packing and delivery.
- Provide support for internal and community events; manage events as required
Writing & Content Strategy
- Develop social media content that is in alignment with the overall content strategy, including blog articles, photography, videos, etc.
- Assist with social media moderation
- Assist with internal communications including employee emails, physician communication, staff memos, employee meetings and videos, etc.
- Manage the employee intranet
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism required
- 3-5 years of experience working in events, public relations or internal communications
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative in taking on and completing deliverables with minimal direction, while providing broad assistance as requested to marketing and communications director and larger marketing team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, maintaining positive and productive relationships with media and colleagues
- Ability to take direction and multi-task, ensuring quality control of PR deliverables
How to Apply