Company: Continental Western Group
Own what’s next. Add your experience and insight to our business.
Berkley Agribusiness works with ambitious agribusiness and food industry clients to help them own their futures. Our culture is built on the belief that everyone has the power to create the future they deserve. Every Berkley Agribusiness team member must have the courage to challenge the status quo, collaboratively working with our clients to find creative property and casualty insurance solutions that drive them to succeed. We depend on our ability to listen to our clients — and our experience to help them make fact-based decisions that help their businesses thrive.
Berkley Agribusiness is part of the W. R. Berkley Corporation (WRBC). Founded in 1967, WRBC is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. All insurance companies are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, and carry Standard & Poor’s Financial Rating of A+ (Strong).
Learn more about how Berkley Agribusiness can help you Create Your Future at berkleyag.com
The Berkley Agribusiness Marketing Specialist will exemplify an entrepreneurial spirit and creativity. If you are looking for an opportunity to Create Your Future, keep reading. This position works directly with Berkley Agribusiness leadership teams to develop and lead our Marketing and Communication strategies. Additionally, the role will manage 3rd party marketing agency relationships. They will also be responsible for leading and developing innovative ideas and concepts surrounding our brand; go-to-market strategies; agent and customer online experiences. This will consist of but not be limited to brand communication and clarity, both internal and external; market penetration strategy, digital, web, and graphic design needs.
This leader will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and functional leaders as an internal consultant and business partner. They will use strong analytical skills to interpret data to make recommendations to optimize and maximize the company’s marketing potential to both internal and external stakeholders.
Serves as the primary point of contact with vendor marketing firms. Collaborates with marketing firms to lead, design, and execute marketing campaigns in support of marketing strategies aligned to specific business needs including the following:
Go to market strategies (for both agent and customer segments) Brand awareness, effectiveness, and optimization Agent and customer experiences, including all digital experiences Customer acquisition strategies for business development Develops, coordinates, and delivers clear effective messaging that differentiates Berkley Agribusiness in the marketplace.
Uses strategic thinking and analytics to problem solve and enhance position in the marketplace.
Researches competitive intelligence opportunities in the marketplace. Stays attuned to relevant market conditions and trends to drive effective messaging and tactics to targeted audiences. Works to create, design, and implement new ideas within Berkley Agribusiness.
Analyzes and evaluates the historic and current performance of marketing campaigns. Reviews various data sources to identify best performing campaigns and success as compared to established KPI’s. Makes recommendations to enhance, revise and automate future campaigns.
Plans and manages Berkley Agribusiness social media strategy following all internal guidelines, including but not limited to showcasing our Berkley Agribusiness internal culture to future applicants via our website, Linked In, etc. Will also play an active role in portraying a positive brand ambassador at internal and external events as requested. Supports and shapes Berkley Agribusinesses' public and community relationships and affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentrations in marketing/communication or similar.
- Seven plus years related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of marketing tactics and ability to integrate across multiple channels.
- Experience in delivery of customer-centric strategies and has demonstrated ability to drive business performance. While not required; insurance experience is desired. Knowledge,
- Skills & Abilities
- Boundless enthusiasm and creativity with proven ability to collaborate effectively
- Strong work history, both strategy and tactical execution of, integrated marketing strategies, including collateral, digital, social, content, media, etc.
- Demonstrated written communication skills including technical writing, blogging, social media, and product marketing.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity, action-oriented, and a willingness to dig in and learn more.
- Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem analysis, and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
- Creatively resolve unique and challenging business problems while balancing financial, technical, and business needs
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 2-3 year time span
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and influence others to achieve results Extremely adaptable and possess effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, comfortable presenting as necessary
- Ability to build relationships and influence others both internally and externally
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Design Tools, and other digital tools such as WordPress, Hootsuite, and Constant Contact or similar products.
How to Apply
Not ready to apply? Connect with us and apply today for consideration.