Company: Master Builders of Iowa
This position will play an integral part in many of the programs central to the mission of the Master Builders of Iowa. The position will implement construction career advocacy efforts and workforce initiatives; lead the efforts in meeting association membership growth goals; coordinate sponsorship sales campaigns; and help oversee tasks associated with MBI’s construction document plan room activities.
The position will participate in all matters pertaining to workforce development and construction career advocacy done on behalf of the Association. This position shall play an integral role in working with members to engage future construction industry workers of all age demographics. This position will also play a central part in outreach, development and implementation of workforce initiatives through the Association’s Build Iowa initiatives.
The position will also be responsible for coordination and implementation of membership campaigns, as well as, individual member recruitment, and assist with new member “on-boarding” efforts.
In addition, this position will lead the efforts related to sponsorship sales and sponsor coordination.
This position will also provide oversight and ensure quality measures are met in terms of content and customer service for the plan room operations. This includes the CU Update; Nightline Report; Bid Watch; and Notice to Bidder services.
This position reports to the Director of Public Affairs.
Administration and Management of All Things Related to Workforce and Career Advocacy
- Coordinate and oversee the successful implementation of construction career fairs.
- Undertake efforts and activities to create connections with high schools. This includes developing relationships with counselors, CTE instructors, advisors and others within the secondary education system who impact career direction for students.
- Engage members to create relationships with local schools, students, counselors and administrators.
- Assist in the implementation, administration and coordination of the MBI-WORKS Endowment
- Oversight of Virtual Reality (VR) program and content updates. Will work directly with vendor – VictoryXR.
- Play an active role in all activities associated with Construction Week.
- Coordinate and oversee the nomination and selection process of the Workforce Award.
- Develop and maintain all communications content for BuildIowa.org publications.
Membership Recruitment and Coordination
- Responsible for the coordination of Association membership campaigns, individual member recruitment, and assisting with new member “on-boarding” efforts.
Oversight of the Plan Room Operations
- Shall lead the team to ensure plan room content meets quality and accuracy measurements as outlined by ConstructConnect.
- Responsible for assigning daily tasks and assignments.
- Coordinate content collection, training and customer service needs for the plan room personnel.
- Responsible for the delivery of services to plan room customers. This includes the CU Update, Nightline Report, Bid Watch and Notice to Bidders services.
- Responsible for membership / subscriber growth of the plan room.
- Works with the CEO on general personnel management.
- Responsible for providing content for various MBI correspondence, as assigned.
- And other duties as assigned by the President / CEO and COO.
- Highly motivated relationship builder
- Goal oriented
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Focused on coordination and collaboration
- Detail orientated
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of sales; marketing; communications; and relationship building / client development
- Demonstrate strong communications and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills is a must
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Chad Kleppe at CKleppe@MBI.Build.