Company: Iowa Public Radio
Iowa Public Radio seeks a highly motivated sales and marketing professional to join our Development team as an Account Executive in Eastern Iowa. You’ll be joining a team of successful salespeople and fundraisers and will have the opportunity to represent IPR among the Eastern Iowa business community. The Account Executive position blends sales, marketing, customer service and fundraising, with the goal of securing sponsorship revenue to support IPR’s mission to enrich the civic and cultural life in Iowa. The Account Executive in Eastern Iowa will inherit an established book of business and will be responsible for maintaining and growing that business by nurturing existing corporate sponsor relationships and providing excellent customer service. The Account Executive will also be expected to increase the number of IPR sponsors by identifying and contacting prospects, researching, preparing and presenting proposals. The position is based out of our Iowa City office with the option to work from home. The Account Executive in Eastern Iowa will work a territory primarily covering the I-380 corridor and should be based in or near Cedar Rapids, Iowa City or Waterloo. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of one year of experience in relationship-based sales, including experience with prospecting, cold-calling, establishing appointments, presenting proposals and successfully closing sales contracts. Iowa Public Radio is a well-respected and thriving non-profit organization. IPR offers an excellent benefits package, including health benefits, a retirement plan with a 2-to-1 employer match, immediate accrual of vacation (16 hours monthly) and sick (12 hours monthly) time and a flexible work environment. The Account Executive position is a salaried position with bonus potential. If you love meeting new people, aren’t afraid to make cold calls and have an interest in advertising and marketing, we’d love to hear from you. Join our fun, collaborative and supportive sales team!
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE:
- $40,000 - $44,736
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years’ experience in relationship-based sales
- Experience in prospecting, including cold calling, establishing appointments, and presenting proposals with proven ability to sell a service in both short and long sales cycles
- Proficient in the use of PC software, including Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Willing to work as part of a team to achieve revenue goals.
- Experience in business-to-business selling with a history of revenue achievement
- Knowledge of contact management software
- Knowledge of the business community within the territory and ability to work with high-level decision makers
- Outstanding oral and written communication with attention to detail
- Knowledge of public radio and the public radio industry.
How to Apply
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to iprrecruiting@iowapublicradio.
Applications must be received by 5pm CDT on Monday, October 11, 2021.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.