Company: Iowa Public Radio
Iowa Public Radio seeks a highly motivated communications professional to join our Membership team as our Membership Communications Coordinator. You’ll be joining a team of successful fundraisers and will have the opportunity to play an essential role in developing strategy and messaging for Iowa Public Radio’s membership fundraising efforts. This position is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the communication strategy to increase donor affinity and drive revenue. Our ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and a passion for creating engaging digital assets with an eye for design. Like to put your communication skills to work? Our members and listeners are an engaging bunch and often have questions. The Membership Communications Coordinator will serve as IPR’s first point of contact for members and listeners by responding to phone calls, emails and social media channels. Iowa Public Radio is a well-respected and thriving non-profit organization. IPR offers an excellent benefits package, including health benefits, a retirement plan with a 2-to-1 employer match, immediate accrual of vacation (16 hours monthly) and sick (12 hours monthly) time and a flexible work environment. This position is a grant-funded position for 9-12 months.
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: • $14.49 - $24.79 per hour ($30,148 - $51,557 per year)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 1 year of experience in a professional office environment, including internships; and
- Experience operating Microsoft Office Suite programs, particularly Excel, CRM databases, and online graphic design platforms.
- Experience accurately coordinating multiple tasks at once with competing deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail;
- Passion for creating engaging digital assets in programs like Canva with an eye for design;
- Great interpersonal skills for interacting with callers on the phone and over email;
- Experience using database systems such as Sungard, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Allegiance, or Salesforce; and
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a member of a team.
How to Apply
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to iprrecruiting@iowapublicradio.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.