Company: Iowa State University
Information Technology Services at Iowa State University is seeking a Communications Specialist II to work on internal and external communications projects. As a member of the Strategic Communications team, the successful candidate will create general customer relations information delivered through a variety of communication channels.
The Communications Specialist II will collaborate with cross-functional teams to draft and produce content for newsletters, websites, social media and news articles. These tasks will involve interviewing subject matter experts as well as fact checking information. In this role, accuracy and consistency is a must.
Working within the team, the Communications Specialist II will plan, create and develop content delivered to a variety of audiences. In collaboration with departmental and university teams, the Communications Specialist II will create and execute communication campaigns for short-term projects as well as communication strategies for long-term initiatives.
Having an innate curiosity and the desire to help others will make you most successful in this role. Knowing when to ask questions, seek clarification, and having the ability to synthesize technical information is essential.
- Reviews and/or edits layouts, drafts and information, checking for readability and style.
- Researches materials, collects information, conducts analysis and interviews individuals to provide fact-checked information to targeted audiences.
- Prepares internal and external communications projects, including website and intranet creation, newsletter articles, social media and presentations.
- Plans, creates and presents information to a variety of audiences.
- Composes, reviews, edits, produces, and duplicates audio, visual, video and/or written content for distribution.
- Identifies and develops social media strategies to engage student audiences.
- Represents organization positively to team members, stakeholders and the media.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in developing communications strategies.
- Experience in developing social media strategies.
- Media relations experience.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using project or task management software including ClickUp, Jira, MS Project and others. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Accredited in Public Relations by PRSA.
How to Apply
Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or 877-477-7485.