In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an online image for Wellmark through social media channels and other digital properties to build Wellmark’s reputation and increase brand awareness, understanding and value. You will work with leadership to define and refine the overall social media strategy, as well as manage the day-to-day social media postings to all applicable social media outlets. This will require you to oversee social media and influencer marketing campaigns, which include, but are not limited to, research, campaign and content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting. You will collaborate with stakeholders and educate cross-functionally to incorporate relevant social and digital media trends and techniques into the corporate culture and promotion of Wellmark’s products and services.
Ideal candidates have a demonstrated history of developing content across varying social media and digital platforms. This content reveals that you are an effective, engaging storyteller even within the constraints of the mediums you use every day. You identify as a strategic communicator and enjoy the fast, ever-changing digital environment, but you can also roll up your sleeves and manage granular project details without missing a beat. You thrive in a deadline-driven role and are creative with original approaches and innovative ideas to bring to the table. If that sounds like you, apply to join our Corporate Communications team today!
- Execute a comprehensive social and digital media strategy to inform, educate and stimulate interest and coverage of corporate initiatives and programs that positively position Wellmark as a thought leader in the marketplace.
- Define programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, followers, and traffic across Wellmark's web presence.
- Work cross functionally to solicit information that would be helpful to telling the Wellmark story such as story ideas, publicity needs, sponsorship activities, new product launches, the Wellmark Foundation, etc.
- Stay current on social media and digital media trends and tools. Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media.
- Educate Wellmark staff on emerging social media channels and digital trends that can provide a competitive advantage for our marketing team and corporate communications team for promotion of products and services. Facilitate social media training for identified Wellmark employees and leaders.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications, report on those trends and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use and value of social media to Wellmark. Measure the impact of social media on overall marketing and communication efforts.
- Research top social media influencers in our industry and/or region to leverage as third-party validators and/or promoters.
- Monitor social media to identify potential customer service issues or emerging concerns and work with appropriate teams to address.
- Ensure proper branding, messaging, design, and legal requirements are met.
- Write Wellmark related content to support digital media initiatives.
- Track budget for social media campaigns and monitors and report results to leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or direct and applicable work experience. 1+ year of experience in marketing or communications, including: Basic understanding of SEO principles (e.g., keyword research and Google Analytics), and how SEO informs social media strategy.
- Administration of social platforms and advertising functions, as well as scheduling and monitoring tools.
- Partnership with clients or stakeholders to develop social media-based campaigns.
- Analysis of data and creation of reports.
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills, problem-solving, and attention to detail. Ability to produce engaging content for varying internal and external audiences.
- Professional, polished and diplomatic in approach.
- Ability to deliver social customer service promptly, effectively, and with empathy and patience.
- Willingness to serve as a customer advocate and help resolve conflict.
- Proactive self-starter with strong planning, time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Able to remain focused, flexible, open to feedback, and professional during stressful or unexpected situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate relationships.
- Ability to give and take feedback in a constructive manner, and to foster cooperation and collaboration across teams.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to stay up to speed on new trends and emerging platforms.
- Proficiency utilizing the Microsoft Office suite with knowledge of AP Style.
- Ability to write in accordance with brand guidelines.
How to Apply