The Iowa Chapter of the American Marketing Association seeks to recognize outstanding leadership, high academic achievement, and active participation in the marketing profession by awarding two $1500 scholarships provided by Hy-Vee and Meredith to AMA Iowa Collegiate student members. These scholarship are for undergraduates enrolled in an accredited institution of study during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Application Process and Deadline:
Students who wish to be considered for the $1500 AMA Iowa scholarships provided by Hy-Vee and Meredith must:
- Complete this application by January 31, 2019.
- Please note, you cannot save your application once you start
- Must be a full-time or part-time student who is currently a junior or senior class standing during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- The student must be a current member of AMA either through an independent membership or through the student chapter of an accredited Iowa four-year college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants must express intent to pursue a career in marketing, marketing communications, advertising or related career.
- All applicants will be considered with no bias to race, ethnicity, gender, age or sexual orientation.
- Academic achievement
- Demonstrated leadership in the student AMA chapter or community group
- The strength of application and recommendation letters
Selection will be based solely on the eligibility requirements and selection criteria. The AMA Iowa Board of Directors will appoint a Scholarship Committee to review applicants and recommend an award recipient. This recommendation will be made to the AMA Iowa Board of Directors. All applicants will be notified of the decision within one week after the decision is made.
The recipient of the scholarship will be recognized at the AMA Iowa May 2019 luncheon on May 1, 2019. The selection will also be announced to local media, mentioned on the AMA Iowa website, and possibly recognized in other venues.
If for some reason the selected individual declines the award or otherwise becomes ineligible, an alternative candidate may be selected. The AMA Iowa Board of Directors reserves the right to withhold the award if they determine there are no candidates who meet the eligibility requirements and selection criteria.
Method of Disbursement:
The Iowa Student AMA Scholarship winners will each receive one $1500 award to be applied toward tuition. The award will be presented at the May 1, 2019 luncheon, and is contingent upon confirmation from the recipient’s college financial aid or registrar’s office that he/she is enrolled as a full- or part-time student .
Past Scholarship Winners
2017-2018: Rebecca Crepeau, Drake University
2016-2017: Rhiana S. Chickering, University of Iowa
2015-2016: Eunice Chang, Drake University
2014-2015: Maryna Rath, Drake University
2013-2014: David Farley, St. Ambrose University
Special Thank You
Special thank you to our friends at Hy-Vee and Meredith. With their contribution, we are able to offer larger scholarships to deserving marketing students.