AMA Iowa Recognizes Top Marketing Talent in the State; Names Marketing Executive & Marketer of the Year
DES MOINES, Iowa (May 10, 2019)—The Iowa Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA Iowa) held its 14th annual NOVA Awards on Thursday, May 9 in downtown Des Moines.
In addition to recognizing the top marketing campaigns completed in 2018, this year’s AMA Iowa’s awards also showcased top marketing talent working in Iowa’s businesses and organizations. With two new award categories, Marketing Executive of the Year and Marketer of the Year, this 2019 addition to the awards allowed for individual recognition of those making a significant impact on their company and the community.
Through a reciprocal judging agreement, a panel of marketing professionals from the AMA San Antonio Chapter judged all categories for the 2019 awards. Top award recipients in each NOVA category include:
- Advertising – ZLR Ignition, Wellmark-Medicare Campaign
- Copywriting – Indigo, Indigo Premier Brochure
- Direct Marketing – Sammons Institutional Group, Inc., Tax Season Care & Safety Package
- Integrated Marketing Campaign – OBI Creative, Cobalt Credit Union Rebrand
- Interactive Marketing – Bank Iowa/Lessing-Flynn, Bird’s Eye View – Bank of Iowa
- Marketing Communications – Sammons Financial Group, Midland “MVP Playbook”
- Marketing Department of One – ASI/Signage Innovations, Reflections Campaign
- Marketing Research – Sammons Financial Group, Empowered: Women and Retirement
- Non-Profit Marketing – OBI Creative, Nebraska CASA Campaign
- Public Relations – Vermeer Corporation, Vermeer Corporation Survives the Storm and Comes Back STRONGER THAN EVER
- Small Budget Campaign – Sammons Institutional Group, Inc., Tax Season Care & Safety Package
- Special Event – Iowa Finance Authority, Flock to the Block
- People’s Choice Award – Goodwill of Central Iowa, Styled by Goodwill
- Best of Show – Iowa Finance Authority, Flock to the Block
Marketer of the Year was awarded to Abby Delaney, Digital Marketing Manager at Bankers Trust. Receiving this award, which recognizes one up-and-coming marketer who shows potential to shine as she rises in her career, is a testament to the “high volume of high-quality work” Abby produces for Bankers Trust. She leads a variety of digital campaigns and projects, all positively contributing to the bottom line. Because of her work in marketing automation and digital advertising campaigns, Bankers Trust is now able to run… “consistent, regular email touchpoints with all customers, customized to the individual based on their current bank relationship and anticipated future needs,” said her nominator.
The Marketing Executive of the Year Award was created to honor one individual who inspires, leads, and achieves excellence in the field of marketing, and has contributed significantly to the region’s marketing community. At the 2019 AMA Iowa NOVA Awards, this achievement was given to Emily Abbas, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer at Bankers Trust.
In her time with Bankers Trust, she has built a highly-functioning and fast-paced marketing team. Most recently, her team launched a new “Bankers Trust Difference” branding campaign and an updated website. Her team has also done tremendous work in documenting personas and customer journey mapping for all customer segments and has created advanced marketing automation systems to drive business results.
In a recommendation letter, her team wrote, “Emily is a leader who encourages collaboration and creativity,” stating she “has helped shift our Marketing and Communications team’s role from order takers and brochure makers to consultative, strategic partners for our business units.” They added, “she inspires the people around her to be better” and continually “motivates everyone around her to reach higher. She achieves results and shares her successes.”
Visit amaiowa.com/novas for a full list of award recipients.